February 17, 2006

Retro Rib Socks - Complete!

The official fancy shoes finished socks picture:

Retro Rib Socks - Complete!

Here's a picture of the heels, they fit great.

RR heels

Statistics -
Pattern: Retro Rib Socks, from Winter 04 Interweave Knits
Yarn: Socks that Rock in Bezyl
Needles: US 2s (2.75mm) Brittany DPNs for one sock and Clover DPNs for the other
Modifications: Dutch heel substituted for pattern heel.
Started: Feb 1, 2006
Completed: Feb 17, 2006
Impressions: I love this pattern and yarn. Socks that Rock yarn is soft, squishy, and thick enough to knit on US 2s. The Retro Rib pattern was great fun to make. I might even make these again some time. They hug my feet perfectly.

Now, to decide what socks to knit my Sockapaloooza. I'm thinking maybe the Embossed Leaves socks from the Winter 05 IK.

Comments:
They look great with the subtle color variations in the yarn. Although I don't know if I'd ALWAYS wear them with those shoes ;)
 
I love the gorgeous green. And there are so few people who can get away with the combination of wool socks and high heels. Your feet are multi-talented. :-)
 
Woohoo! That's one way to get your beautiful handknit socks noticed!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?