February 24, 2006

Obviously, I have reading comprehension issues

Long time no post. I have a finished hat to share, but need to wait for it to dry and someone to take a picture for me (no bathroom mirror shots here at Jessimuhka Knits). In the meantime, I started my Sockapaloooza socks.

Embossed Leaves Socks

The pattern is Embossed Leaves Socks by Mona Schmidt in the Winter 05 IK. The yarn is Schaefer Anne. So far I'm enjoying them, but just ran into a reading comprehension issue. I skimmed over the pattern (blah, blah, 1x1 twisted rib, 2.5 pattern repeats, OOOOH! CHART!) and jumped right in to following the chart. This picture is how much cuff I thought the pattern said to knit. It looked a little short to me, so I read back to check. That would be *3*.5 pattern repeats, so I still have one to go. Oops. I figure I'll start the heel during the Olympics tonight, if I don't get too caught up playing my own drinking game.

Speaking of the KO drinking game, now that we're nearing the end of the event, there are more chug worthy posts in the Blogosphere than ever. So buy a bottle of your favorite ale, cider, tequila (for you heavy hitters), or gin (for even heavier hitters - or people who really like Christmas) and play along at home for the last 3 days!

edited because I spelled the sock designer's name wrong

Comments:
Pretty!!
I'm glad I'm not the only on with reading problems these days. ;)
 
Could be worse - you could have knit MORE than intended.

As for the drinking game, can I play along next week? If I start drinking, I'll never finish my Olympic sweater!
 
Those are fantastically beautiful. I love the yarn.
 
Oh Jessica,
As usual, those are really nice! I'm STILL only about an inch into my first of two socks. If you know what I mean. I can't imagine actually doing a pattern along with trying to knit a sock. Hmmmm, will I ever get there?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?