January 11, 2006

First SFC post

I've decided what sweater to knit for the SFC KAL, Elizabeth Zimmermann's Faroe-Patterned Vest.

Faroe-Patterned Vest by Elizabeth Zimmermann

I'll be knitting the version pictured, with the ribbed edging. There is also a version with hemmed edging. The book is full of beautiful vests and sweaters, so I think I'll be knitting more than one eventually. I decided on this one for my first, as I think it's one of the most classic designs in the book. I've also always wanted to knit a pattern by EZ, I <3 her.

Next step is to send an email to Schoolhouse Press and order a kit. I need to size it up a bit, with the EZ percentage system, so I'm hoping they'll be able to recommend how much extra yarn to purchase. I'm going with SP instead of direct from the manufacturer because they allow unlimited returns on extra full balls, so I don't have to be too concerned about ordering extras. This is also a less color intensive sweater, making it one of the cheaper ones. I'm so excited to knit this sweater. (Ok, I'm a dork.)

Tomorrow: Nancy tagged me for a meme.

Comments:
I really like that one, too. I think it's going to come down to that one and Seaweed for Sheryl. I'm not sure if I'm going to get my yarn direct from the manufacturer or SHP, though.

Also: dork! Dork dork dork! :)
 
I considered that vest! :) I'll end up making it someday, even though I can't figure out why I like it so much.
 
Postin' up a storm, you! We missed ya Sunday. The Jaywalkers colorpooling is developing in a really neato way. ANd that twisted stitch hat is really cool (you are keeping the hat right?), I love the shine and like the color effects and decreases.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?