January 16, 2006

Finished Jaywalkers!

Jaywalkers

I'm really liking these pictures and my use of the self timer. The only problem is the self timer on my camera is finicky about what it decides to focus on. It took about a dozen pictures to get two in focus ones. Here's the other one.

DSCN0757

Pattern Statistics.

Pattern: Jaywalker Socks, by Grumerina
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shephard Sock in Sand Ridge
Needles: Addi Turbos 40" size 1 (2.5mm) and 32" size 1 (2.5mm)
Modifications: I knit them pretty much to pattern specifications, for the larger size, two at once. I decreased the non-patterned stitches on the sole of the foot to 36 stitches, half the amount I use for plain socks on this needle size.
Start Date: December 25, 2005
Finish Date: January 14, 2005
Impressions: I got a slow start on these socks. The pattern is easy, but it didn't really click with me for the first few inches. Once I was about 3" in, they sped up quite a bit. I liked the two socks at once. It decreased portability, but didn't really feel like it took much longer than a single sock, and when I was done I was really done.

Comments:
Yay for finished J'walkers! Yay for being "done done" when you're done!
 
Lovely! I dig those shoes, too!

Heidi
http://absintheknits.typepad.com
 
Great socks! I think I have the same shoes - Kenneth Cole Reaction?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?