December 20, 2005

Weekend Round-Up

The LA meet up was super fun, even with our group being somewhat locationally challanged. I've come down with some sort of death plague, so that's my excuse for any names or blogs I've forgotten. All pictures can be clicked to make bigger.

I rode up with Wendy and Heidi. We met up with Nancy and Hilari. We had great traffic on the ride up, which was obviously a function of neither me nor Heidi commenting on the traffic at all. Soon we were at the wrong Coffee Bean. (really, why do there need to be 2 Coffee Beans within 4 blocks on W 3rd?)

Wendy

Wendy shows off her hat, and digital skills.

We met up with another Wendy, Jillian and another woman who's name I can't recall right now. Eventually, we decided to head over to Knitcafe, where we found the rest of the bloggers.

Lauren and Wendy

Lauren and Wendy.

MJ's Hat

MJ wearing her Norwegian hat. She's the host of the Norwegian Knit Along and is also a spinner. I think Lauren has a picture of her spinning.

I really didn't take enough pictures. Here's one more of part of the group.

Group of Knitters

Miyon, Laurie, Hilari, and another name I'm blanking on. Sorry!

Not pictured, but also representing San Diego, was Kris. I had a great time, knit most of a sock, and spent an entire afternoon in a knit shop spending only $25. Here's the main purchase.

Sand Ridge

Lorna's Laces Shephard Sock in Sand Ridge. I opened up one of the hanks to check out the color distribution and I'm hopeful for striping rather than pooling. Maybe these will become Jaywalkers? I really love the colors. My other small purchase was the Ann Budd Knitter's Handy Guide to Yarn Requirements. It looks really great for deciding how much yarn I need for self designed sweaters.

On the way home, our car stopped at a very strange shop, Nick Metropolis, to look at weird furniture. I had to get a picture of this gem.

Harry Potter Entertainment Center

For just $1,200 this Harry Potter entertainment center can be yours. Corona neon not included.

I snapped a picture of my weekend knitting progress as well.

WIPs

The sock is Thuja, by Bobby Ziegler. It's the second of the pair. I'm really loving the socks. The Artyarns Supermerino makes a nice thick squishy fabric and the seed stitch ribbing is just interesting enough to make the socks zip by. If my wrists hadn't gotten tired I probably could have finished the sock in one day. I'll probably finish it up tonight. I'm finally making progress on Peacock Feathers again too. Only 6 rows to go on chart 6, then I'm practically halfway done. It's still very fun to knit.

I also got another fun toy to play with.

Louet Wheel

It's a Louet S17 that I'm renting from Wendy. Check out her shop if you're a spinner or knitter in search of Louet products. I also bought half a pound each of South African Fine wool and Blue Faced Leicester wool to practice with. Maybe I'm trying to pack too much fun into my short break, but I'm going to do as much as possible. On that note, I'm getting back to the knitting and spinning.

Comments:
It was great hanging out with everyone! I wish we got to chat some! =)
 
Hey Jessica, it was good to meet you! What a massive meetup it ended up being, but it was so cool that we all kind of, sort of knew each other. I hope we get a chance to do this again, next time we'll be able to talk a bit more!

- MJ
 
Welcome to the dark side! Spinning is very addictive.
 
Sorry you're feeling sick! At least you have that nifty wheel at home to gaze upon. Oy. I really need to stay away from those things. It was fun meeting with you and the rest of the troop!
 
He he, you definatly have the best picks of that get-together...
 
Fantastic to meet you! Thanks for driving up.
 
Hey jessica, it was fun hanging out with ya! your socks turned out great! i may have to make that leap and knit my own!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?