December 21, 2005

Socks!

This morning I grafted the final toe on the Thuja socks.

Pictures:

Thuja socks

The pooling is kind of funky, but I think I like it.

Thuja Socks

Pattern: Thuja by Bobby Ziegler
Yarn: Artyarns Supermerino in color 108
Needles: US 4 Brittany 5" DPNs
Modifications: I picked up more stitches from the heel flap to do the gusset. Other than that, exactly as written.
Time: Each sock took me about 2 days to knit.
Misc: I would totally knit these again. They fit my feet really well and the pattern had just enough going on to keep me interested.

In other news, I discovered yesterday I'd knit my Rogue sleeves on 8s instead of 7s. Note to self, after swatching, put needles you decide against using away. I'm not too excited about starting those over, but it'll be ok. I should be able to save the twisted hem, which is good as I hated knitting that part.

I still need to decide what knitting to take with me up to Fresno. So far I'm thinking Peacock Feathers and the Norwegian Stockings for sure, and possibly Rogue if I can get it back on track. I was going to drive up tomorrow, but I really don't think I'm well enough to drive 6 hours right now, so I'm putting it off until Friday.

Comments:
Before you decide on a sock pattern, let me complicate things. IK is giving access to their subscriber only content. If you're not a subscriber, there are a few cute sock patterns available that you may not have seen. I posted the link and password on my blog today.

Very cute Thuja's, especially since purple is my fave color!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?