November 15, 2005

Anyone have a recipe for a glove cocktail?

My current portable project - tip-less gloves worked from the fingers down. I finished a couple fingers tonight and have been skewering them to keep them in the right order.

Tasty Fingers

I'm using Nona's i-cord finger method, with a few modifications. As I want half fingers, I'm casting on the full amount of stitches after increases for each finger. I'm also picking up more stitches with my crochet hook to close the gap - basically as many as necessary. This is fun times, and it feels like it goes so quickly. Each finger takes about 15 min to make, so I should get two more fingers done during bus riding tomorrow.

In sweater news, I'm about 1/3 through the collar. Hopefully I can wear my completed sweater to the Goblet of Fire midnight showing on Thursday (yeah, I'm a dork).

Comments:
I'm going to have to give icord glove fingers a try. The one thing keeping me from knitting gloves is my absolute hatred for working with only a few stitches on DPNs. Well, in the traditional non-icord manner of using DPNs, anyway.

I'm so jealous that you're going to the midnight HP showing. I doubt our sucky theater (and the only theater within a big radius that actually shows popular new release movies) has a midnight showing. For once, I wish I were back in CT. This movie will be even more awesome now that A. has finally read all the books. I can't wait to see the world cup! woohoo!
 
I thought of Nona's method, too. I need a pair for myself as the office gets cold but I still need fingers for typing. I'd love to see how your turns out!

- MJ
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?