October 27, 2005

I got meme'd

Long time no post. I was trying to finish up York before posting, but we're not on speaking terms right now. There are zipper issues, to the point where I may ask my mom to finish it for me. I'm very happy with the rest of my finishing, however. I should have some pictures in a few days, of York, my new haircolor, and a couple other projects.

On to the meme. I was tagged by Bowerbird Knits.

What's your all time favorite yarn to knit with?
Tough call. As far as sock yarns go, Lorna's Laces all the way. I think Jagerspun Zephyr might be my favorite yarn, I'm really enjoying working with it on Peacock Feathers. In general, my preferences are for merino or merino/silk blends, but I occasionally like a more rustic yarn.

Your favorite needles?
Addi Turbo. I like Brittany Birch 5" double points for socks, but for just about everything else, it's Addis.

Worst thing you ever knit?
Fun Fur Bucket Hat. Really. It was bad. Sadly, I have no pictures, but imagine navy Wool-Ease double stranded with a multi-blue Fun Fur knit up as the Chicknits bucket hat. Add in the fact that I was still twisting my purl stitches and just eww. It was probably my 3rd or 4th project.

Your favorite knit pattern?
I think Fiber Trends Flower Basket Shawl. I really had a great time knitting that shawl.

FBSdone

Most valuable knitting technique?
Either Norwegian Purling or knitting backwards. I use both of these techniques all the time.

Best knit book or magazine?
My favorite magazine is Interweave Knits. I have a ton of knitting books, as I have a bit of a book purchasing problem. The one I use the most is probably the Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques. (If you're on livejournal, you should join the knitting_review community and enter for a chance to win this book.)

Your Favorite Knit along?
The knit along is the kiss of death for a project over here. I think the only KAL I've ever finished is the original Sockapalooza.

Your favorite knit blogs?
I have 80 blogs on my bloglines list currently, but I always smile when I see a post from the Yarn Harlot.

Your favorite knitwear designer?
Probably Nancy Bush. I loves me some pretty socks.

Item you wear the most?
Probably socks, and after that, my Big Kureyon hat. It's a super simple hat, but it keeps my head warm when it rains.

hat1_diag

Tag Time
Natalie, you're up. If anyone else wants to play, please do.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?