September 12, 2005

My new neighbor on the California Knitbloggers ring Miss McSpazzitron tagged me with this meme, so here it goes.

Ten Years Ago
I was just starting eighth grade (this is the part where everyone fusses about how young I am) and my last year of private school. I started wearing contact lenses, ditching my bulky glasses from there on out. I was very nerdy and kind of a loner, spending most of my time reading.

Five Years Ago
I was getting ready to move to San Diego and start college at UCSD. I was dating a boy who was completely wrong for me (which I'd figure out by Christmas time) and was very anxious to be moving away. I had come out of my shell a bit in high school, and while still nerdy (I'll never shake that) I had friends.

One Year Ago
I had just started law school and was anxious about fitting in and making friends, as well as keeping up with all my classwork. I was living with Andrew in Clairemont Mesa and had just started knitting a few months earlier.

Five Snacks
1. Tofutti Cuties
2. Peanuts
3. Sushi
4. Chips with Curry (yes, I know, but it's good)
5. Fudgesicles

Five Songs I know all the words to
1. I Will Survive
2. California Love
3. Army (Ben Folds)
4. Living on a Prayer
5. Tangled Up and Blue

Five Things to do with $100 Million
1. Buy a house
2. Pay off student loans
3. Buy a less ghetto car
4. Knit whatever I want
5. Fund coffee scholarship at CW

Five Places to Run Away to
1. Costa Rica
2. Hawaii
3. My apartment with the phone turned off
4. Seattle
5. San Francisco

Five Things I would never wear
1. Poncho
2. Skorts
3. Tube Top
4. Fur
5. Those ruffley mini skirts

Five Favorite TV Shows
1. Law and Order
2. CSI
3. Alias
4. most shows on the History Channel, PBS or Discovery Channel
5. Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist

Five Biggest Joys
1. Sleep
2. Love
3. Sushi
4. Laughter
5. Knitting

Five People to Pass This on to
I'm not big on passing these things along, so if you want to play and haven't yet consider yourself tagged.

Comments:
Hi Jessica,
I'm impressed. Beautiful work.
Margaret Tynan
 
Thanks for participating in the meme. I didn't realize you just started knitting a little over a year ago? That's fantastic that you already have a pattern published in so short of a time! Proof positive that it IS possible and very inspiring.
 
Hi there,

Saw your comment today - don't want to clog up your knitting blog with law stuff, but realized I don't have your email.

I'd love to hear about your experience with "professional responsibility" and sleazy lawyerness. From what I've seen of it so far, it's mostly just covering your tush to stave off malpractice lawsuits.

When you get a chance, drop me an email at "freestuff4jamesATaol.com" (unless you already have my main email address, which I don't want to post online).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?