September 11, 2005

Is it Fall yet?

It's finally starting to cool down here in SD. August was exceedingly warm this year and it's nice to want to feel cozy again. I was actually a bit cold last night (looking at the temps in SD I see that it may have gotten below 65, damn I'm a wuss). This has finally lead me to pull out some nice wool sweaters I stalled on last spring. Today I knit a few rows on York's sleeves and realized I put it away with a grand total of 15 row to the sleeve cap shaping. The front and back are finished, so once I get these sleeves done all that's left is blocking, seaming, and knitting the collar. I'm knitting it in Cascade Lana D'Oro, which is a lovely discontinued yarn I picked up for a steal off eBay.

I have an overwhelming desire to make a big bulky v-neck pullover for snuggling in this winter. I think after I finish York, and maybe bring the Ribby Cardi back out of the UFO pile I'll let myself purchase some nice soft bulky weight yarn for a quick sweater. I don't really like knitting with big needles usually, but I have this picture in my head of a bulky sweater with a big fat cable up the front that splits at a v-neck, and with extra long sleeves. Any suggestions for a nice soft yarn that fits the bill? I'm hoping for a merino or alpaca blend that won't break the bank.

In other news, I did manage to go for my run today and it actually felt pretty good. I'm on a new workout schedule of DVD workout in the morning and cardio in the afternoon/evening. Seems to be working pretty well so far.

Comments:
I'm new here, but I am currently in love with Berroco's new Foliage--50%wool, 50% acrylic, 100 yards for about $7 and knit on US 11's

Or for more fabulosity, handpaintedyarns.com is amazing and really cheap!
 
I too can't wait to work on big bulky sweaters to snuggle up in this winter. Except winter comes in LA about when hell freezes over... And all of the new Knitty patterns are so tempting. *sigh* if only I still lived in Boston!

Since I'm trying to get to know my webring neighbors, I tagged you for a meme in a recent post.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?