July 07, 2005

Mitten Progress

I missed a day and a half of work this week with the stomach flu. This ment I got to spend the time drinking gatorade, watching Law and Order, and knitting these:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm over halfway through the hand now, and love how they're turning out. In a couple more rows I'll start decreasing and the rows will really start to fly by.

I'm a little concerned about the puckering, which you can see in this close up (I love macro mode - and I actually managed an in focus shot)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Once I finish this mitten I'll block it and see what happens. If it doesn't work out, I'll rip and start over, no huge deal I guess.

I also made progress on the mom sock and am working on the toe. They haven't seen much work lately as I got a new purse that doesn't have room for both my shoes and knitting. I'm trying to come up with ways to remedy this.

New Harry Potter in 9 days! I'm still on track to re-read the first 5 by the 16th. I read 3/4 of PoA yesterday and will probably finish it tonight. I think that one is still my favorite.

Comments:
The mitten looks great! I honestly can't see the puckering. At most, it looks like there's some stitch unevenness above and below the main pattern, but I bet you anything that will fix itself when you give it a few good tugs and block it. You're *so* not going to have to frog that.

PoA is my favorite, too. I wish I still had book 3 or 4, as I feel like doing anticipatory HP reading, and have already read book 5 2 or 3 times in the past 2 years. I'm about 20-30 pages from the end of my current read, so something must be done, quickly! (If only HP came out tomorrow...)
 
wow! awesome work
cara
earth mother
 
The mitten looks great so far! I bet the magic of blocking will fix the puckering (I can't really see it, though).
 
Blocking will help a lot. I think they look great!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?