May 27, 2005

Secret Pal 5

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
- Yep, I'm pretty much a yarn snob. Not expense wise (I love Cascade 220 and the Elann Highland wool), but I definately prefer to knit with natural fibers. The only craft store yarn I like was just discontinued - Lion Brand Cotton-Ease.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
- I've just taken up spinning. I have a drop spindle and I've made some very uneven yarn. It's great fun and I hope to get the hang of it soon.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
- The smell of smoke really bothers me. I'm allergic to cats and angora fiber (sadness).

4. How long have you been knitting?
- About a year and a half.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
- Yeah, it's a little out of control though. You can see it here.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
- I like citrusy scents the best. I also love those fizzy bath bomb things.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
- Indeed. I'm trying to cut back on sugar however.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
- Spinning and Dyeing so far. I used to do a good amount of beading when I was in junior high, so maybe I'll get back into that someday.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
- I'd describe my music tastes as picky eclectic. I like singer/songwriter, classic hip-hop (at least 10 yrs old), mid-90's alternative, plus some new stuff. I play music through my laptop or my ipod so MP3s will play.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
- My all time favorite color is blue. I generally like any jewel tones or rich saturated colors. I'm not a huge fan of pastels or neons.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
- I live with my boyfriend, no pets.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
- To love what I do.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
- There are a lot. I love Lorna's Laces, Opal, Cotton-Ease, Luxury Tweed, lace weight from Handpaintedyarns.com, and pretty much anything else that's merino, alpaca, or silk.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
- Anything that's 100% acrylic and kitchen cotton.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
- Probably socks

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
- Socks and lace

17. What are you knitting right now?
- Cabled sweater in Cotton-Ease from Rowan 37, Fiber Trends Felted Clogs, and socks

18. What do you think about ponchos?
- They're not for me.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
- Circulars, almost always.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
- Addi Turbos for circs and Brittany Birch for DPNs and straights

21. Are you a sock knitter?
- yes

22. How did you learn to knit?
- Taught myself from books and the internet

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
- Probably Andrew's gloves, which I started around Thanksgiving.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
- I like sheep and monkeys

25. What is your favorite holiday?
- I'm not a big holiday person. Maybe Memorial Day/Labor Day? Time off with no social committments.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
- Yarn? I try not to collect things, my apartment is just too small.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
- Interweave Knits. I've been thinking of subscribing to Spin Off too.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
- Stahman's Shawls and Scarves. I've seen a couple shawls knit from this book and they are beautiful!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?